Internship Opportunity - U.S. Department of Education
Brandon D. Daniels, Office of Postsecondary Education (Brandon.Daniels@ed.gov)
Strategic Planning Staff – Policy, Planning and Innovation, Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE), U.S. Department of Education (Please note that this is a non-paid internship.)
June 2009 – August 2009 (Interviews will take place the first week of April)
Course Credit is available.
• Graduate student in the field of education (Higher Education, Educational Policy, Educational Leadership, International Education, Educational Psychology)
• Background in quantitative research
• Knowledge of SPSS and knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint, Access, Word and Excel)
Summary of Duties
Assist Strategic Planning Staff with research and evaluation activities, analyze data and synthesize information from education research and related areas, enter Annual Performance Report data into multiple databases, and prepare summary reports of current projects.
How to Apply
Please submit the following information by Monday, March 23, 2009 to Brandon.Daniels@ed.gov:
• 1 page letter, stating your qualifications, your research interests, and expectations for the internship
• Current CV
• 1 letter of recommendation from faculty member (does not have to be at your institution)